Thank you for considering ALABAMA CONSUMER LAW GROUP LLC, to assist you with a possible Bankruptcy Case. There are several different types of bankruptcies and the costs for each is different, as are each person’s financial circumstances. You will, therefore, be advised on what type of bankruptcy would be in your best interest as well as the fees and costs and how they must be paid. Before any type of bankruptcy can be filed, you will be required to provide the following item:
- Driver’s License or Photo ID and Social Security Card
- $35 for the Pre-petition Credit Counseling to be completed in our office.
- Proof of your total household income from every source of income generated into the household for the past six months to date.
- If required to file, a copy of filed tax returns for the last four (4) years: 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022. If you do not have a copy, you may request a copy of your tax record/transcript online at http://www.irs.gov.
- A copy of property tax appraisals showing the appraised value of any and all real estate you may own or you are purchasing, including property you jointly own with family of any other individual.
- At least one written correspondence from each creditor/debt owed.
- A complete list of all debts owed which much include the correct name of the creditor, the correct mailing address of the creditor, the balance owed to each creditor, the date each debt was incurred, the account number for each debt, and any co-signer’s name and address on any debt. If you owe any credit card debt, the last date the credit card was used. It is your responsibility to make sure you have all your debts listed, however, a good place to start is your credit report which you can get online at www.annualcreditreport.com or by calling 1-877-322-8228.
In addition to the above, if you are filing Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, you will also need to provide the following information:
- 90 days of statements from ALL financial accounts, including checking, savings, money market accounts, mutual funds, and brokerage accounts.
- Copies of ALL lease-to-own, lease, or rental agreements you are a party.